Meridian is seeking an Assembly Manager to oversee Assembly operations.
The successful candidate will develop a plan for the assembly team and supervise the assembly process to meet or exceed production foals while maintaining the highest level of quality. The successful candidate will also work well with all levels to identify areas of concern, generate solutions, and drive continuous improvement.
SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in product design reviews, providing input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Assigns and maintains workflow, checks progress and quality of work, assists employees in the course
of their daily work activities and assures compliance with production schedules.
- Oversees and participates in the development of performance, efficiency, and product quality
standards for assembly operations. Provides guidance to assembly team regarding the coordination of
department activities in line with company objectives.
- Works with Operations teams to determine testing activities, priorities, methods and schedules.
- Report defects, test evaluation summary reports and conducts root cause analysis.
- Monitors/determines assembly times and oversees and participates in the resolution of problems.
- Works with other departmental managers, such as QA, Fabrication, Materials, Engineering, etc. to
resolve difficult or continuing problems.
- Responsible for employee relations, training, team building, performance management and
professional development of assembly team.
- Consistently ensures that job responsibilities are promptly and efficiently carried out and encourages
and promotes a high level of teamwork and performance.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and
- Excellent judgement, decision-making, and leadership capabilities
- Possess technical skills such as analytics, testing, troubleshooting, project management, quality
control and assurance, print reading and interpretation, mechanical maintenance, hardware
verification tools and techniques, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge of plant and manufacturing operations i.e. processes, flow, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5+ years of related experience, or equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- 7+ years of supervisory experience in a high-volume, sheet metal manufacturing environment,
preferably in one of the following areas: assembly or machining
- HS Diploma or GED
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
From concept to completion, Meridian specializes in design, fabrication, assembly, and integration of self-service solutions. With state of the art equipment and production expertise, Meridian controls their entire manufacturing process. This allows the company to innovate rapidly, scale to meet customer demands, and control the quality process that sets us apart from our competitors. Meridian also has a revolutionary prototyping process and can quickly produce completely customized kiosk solutions for specific locations, event, or projects to meet new customer demands.