The Design Engineering Supervisor is a hands-on position that will manage, support, and provide direction and leadership to the engineering team. Candidate must possess a history of strong leadership, practical engineering knowledge, and a proven track record for timely project delivery, project management, cost control, and customer satisfaction. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a team environment and will interface closely with the Sales, Purchasing, and Operations department. The desired individual is someone who will bring knowledge and creativity to the position as well as have the discipline to drive results and follow established fundamental processes.
CORE PROFICIENCIES / CHARACTERISTICS
- Fabrication Design and methodologies
- Hands on design of new product and modifications of existing products
- Establish long and short-term goals and objectives for their department
- Possess leadership skills that promote growth and development of other engineering staff members
- Work closely with executives, directors, and managers to develop and ensure standards are maintained, specifically in quality assurance.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Directs appropriate support for Sales, Manufacturing and Quality functions within the organization
- Create sheet metal models in SolidWorks 2019 and up
- Model complex components to integrate into kiosk enclosure
- Read and create drawings using standard company formats
- Have the ability to understand 2D and 3D terminology
- Work with Sales, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance to document and define new products or make improvement to existing products
- Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and assembly during build of prototypes or production runs
- Discuss and consult with Engineering Sales or Customer on product requirements and specifications where design or manufacturing problems are involved
- Must monitor and adhere to schedules and time lines
- Follow company-wide standardized procedures
- May be responsible for minor or major phases of an engineering project
- Any and all other functions that may be required by Management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- 4 year degree preferred, 2 year minimum in applicable field
- 8 or more years’ experience in engineering within a manufacturing environment
SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Design experience using SolidWorks
- CSWP or CSWE Certification preferred
- SolidWorks PDM experience preferred
- ERP experience preferred- SAP a plus
- ISO, UL and FDA experience preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letters to email@example.com
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For nearly two decades, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in Aberdeen, NC – only a 10 minute drive to Pinehurst and Southern Pines, NC. For more on what the Moore County area has to offer, visit our local Convention and Visitors Bureau website, www.homeofgolf.com.