Meridian is seeking a Quality Control Inspector. The Quality Control Inspector will work throughout our facilities to perform first article inspections on manufactured parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies. Parts will be inspected to engineering drawings, industry standards, and specifications.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Candidates must have practical experience performing in-process and final inspections on machined and fabricated parts, assemblies, and / or sub-assemblies.
- The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.5 – Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent standard.
- Must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings and Purchase Orders (POs).
- The candidate must have experience using various mechanical inspection tools, such as micrometers and calipers.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAIs) is highly desired.
- Communicate with other departments (Operations, Testing, and Engineering) to complete inspections. Work with other departments (i.e., Purchasing, Customer Service) to resolve issues identified during inspection.
- Assist with investigations/research on behalf of Engineering for troubleshooting and product development activities.
- Perform internal audits to verify compliance to Meridian Kiosks procedures and support external audits of our supplier base.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years’ experience performing inspections and have experience in Process capability studies and Statistical Process control.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING
- HS diploma with minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/technical environment.
- Inspection/testing; read & understand technical drawings.
- Knowledge of special processes (e.g., heat treat, plating, painting, welding) and the use of specialized inspection and testing equipment.
- Proficiency with MS Word & Excel. Demonstrated ability in the use of measuring and test equipment. Demonstrated experience for taking the initiative (being a self-starter).
- Being a Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) is a plus.
Please submit your resume and cover letters to email@example.com
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For nearly two decades, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in Aberdeen, NC – only a 10 minute drive to Pinehurst and Southern Pines, NC. For more on what the Moore County area has to offer, visit our local Convention and Visitors Bureau website, www.homeofgolf.com.