Meridian is an award winning, established leader, providing full-service solutions for the self-service kiosks industry. Recognized for expertise, quality, design, flexibility, style, and partnerships; Meridian provides solutions to some of the largest companies in the world.
We are looking to fill an immediate opening for an Android Developer to help us enhance our current product offerings and begin the process of building all new solutions to support a growing base of customers. As part of the team, you will help us maintain and improve our existing solutions while pursuing cutting-edge technologies and techniques that drive our innovation.
The job responsibilities will include implementing new features for multiple existing Android applications and building new apps from scratch.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with the use of additional external camera equipment, sensors
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements and have an in depth understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Android Studio and versions of Android 7.x, consuming websockets services and RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Broad understanding of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in Android application programming (including Java, Android SDK, and Android Studio, Google Play Store deployment process, Android SDK, user experience and rapid prototyping, device management, cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Preferred experience with third-party frameworks such as Ionic, NativeScript, Cordova, and ReactJS
- Experience with automated deployments of mobile apps as well as continuous integration
- Experience using git source code control
- Strong working knowledge of beta testing services
- Background with working in embedded systems is a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent/relevant years of experience
- 5+ years Software/Server Development
- 3+ years Android Development Experience
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development
Please submit your resume and cover letters to email@example.com
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For nearly two decades, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in Aberdeen, NC – only a 10 minute drive to Pinehurst and Southern Pines, NC. For more on what the Moore County area has to offer, visit our local Convention and Visitors Bureau website, www.homeofgolf.com.