Meridian is seeking an experienced Controller to join our team. The Controller position manages the overall financial activities of the company, and works in close cooperation with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and other department heads. This individual will be asked to help drive the performance of the operations by applying technical and business insights and guidance and is responsible for the management of accounting functions.
CORE PROFICIENCIES / CHARACTERISTICS
In addition to the accounting and financial reporting, this position will:
- Direct the monthly operating fixed and variable cost forecasting process with an emphasis on working closely with operations leaders and continuously improving the process regarding timeliness and accuracy of the forecasts.
- Work directly with operations leaders to develop and report on a regular basis key performance indicators (KPI’s) that facilitate understanding of the costs incurred and the ability to measure progress versus target process improvements and objectives.
- Support cost productivity efforts relating to material, labor and overhead.
- Review authorizations for capital expenditure in the operations areas to ensure proper expense vs. capital accounting treatment, adherence to capital budget and forecast, and required return on investment (ROI).
- Responsible for coordinating the annual COGS budget to include variable and fixed costs, purchase price variance, freight, and other manufacturing costs in addition to inventory and capital expenditures as it relates to the manufacturing operations.
- Responsible to coordinate and manage the monthly closing process.
- Responsible for timely lender reporting requirements.
- Organize and manage the physical inventory process.
- Influence level of costs through continuous assessment of resources deployed and value of services received.
- Identify trend lines and run rates; challenge management constructively with compelling data to address issues early.
- Recommend and implement enhancements to methodologies and procedures to improve financial reporting and management processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be well versed and have hands on experience with both cost and general accounting.
- Must have significant experience in relationship management of key company resources, including banks, tax and audit firms, insurance providers and legal counsel.
- Must be experienced at monitoring, evaluating and implementing effective internal controls across the organization.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in excel, word, and Navision software a plus.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS Accounting; CPA a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the fields of accounting and finance with a minimum of three years serving as a Controller in a multi divisional manufacturing environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letters to email@example.com
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For nearly two decades, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in Aberdeen, NC – only a 10 minute drive to Pinehurst and Southern Pines, NC. For more on what the Moore County area has to offer, visit our local Convention and Visitors Bureau website, www.homeofgolf.com.