The Press Brake Operator is responsible for forming, bending, cutting, and punching sheet metal and producing quality fabricated parts from custom print specifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate multiple brake presses and perform a variety of operations associated with safe and quality production.
- Responsible for powering up, running, feeding, and powering down the applicable equipment.
- Interpret work orders to determine quantity needed, due dates, and any other pertinent information.
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper, protractors, and interpret tolerances.
- Capacity to understand blueprints, while understanding how the measurement and tolerances relate to the finished product.
- Measures product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and performs quality inspection of finished product as required by work order.
- Perform first piece inspection to confirm tolerances and dimensions are within specifications.
- Perform general clean-up duties & maintenance of the equipment and surrounding areas.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all Meridian and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and 2-3 years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit your resume and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For nearly two decades, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in Aberdeen, NC – only a 10 minute drive to Pinehurst and Southern Pines, NC. For more on what the Moore County area has to offer, visit our local Convention and Visitors Bureau website, www.homeofgolf.com.