Press Release supplied by PRSONAS™
[Aberdeen, NC] – Meridian is thrilled announce the deployment of the Prsonas innovative solution, iHeathAssist™ into The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust. Their solution aims to elevate patient satisfaction, provide wayfinding to patients and visitors, and deliver 24/7 information about the hospital.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust introduces “Alex,” a state-of-the-art virtual assistant equipped to engage with patients and visitors at their main entrance. Alex, an AI avatar, will seamlessly communicate in five languages, including British Sign Language, ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach to patient engagement.
Her role and some of the key benefits of iHealthAssist™ at The Princess Alexandra Hospital include:
- Enhanced Patient Experience: Alex provides a personalized and welcoming experience for patients through the hospital.
- Multilingual Support: Patients and visitors can interact with Alex in their preferred language, breaking down communication barriers and ensuring everyone receives the information they need.
- British Sign Language Integration: As part of our commitment to inclusivity, this PRSONAS™ solution supports British Sign Language, making facility information more accessible to the deaf and hard-of-hearing community.
- Efficient Wayfinding: Alex assists in wayfinding, helping patients and visitors navigate the hospital seamlessly. From locating specific departments to providing general information, she streamlines the visitor experience.
- Support for Volunteers: By offering a virtual assistant at the main entrance, Alex complements the efforts of hospital volunteers, allowing them to focus on more complex tasks and providing a better overall experience for patients and visitors.
Meridian and PRSONAS’ iHealthAssist™ solution deployed at The Princess Alexandra Hospital, significantly contributes to the hospital’s commitment to patient-centric care. It aligns seamlessly with the hospital’s ongoing efforts to leverage cutting-edge technology, enhancing healthcare services and creating a more patient-friendly environment for everyone who walks through their doors.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust was established in April 1995 and provides services at the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow. They have 414 general and acute beds and a full range of general acute services, including a 24/7 emergency department, an intensive care unit, a maternity unit and a neonatal intensive care unit. They employ around 3,900 staff and serve a local population of about 350,000 people.
Phil Holland, Chief Information Officer at Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust, said, “We are delighted to be able to provide this fantastic technology to improve the experience for our patients and visitors. We encourage everyone to ‘meet’ Alex when they come to the hospital, and we welcome feedback about how she can continue to learn and help you going forward.”
Chris Gilder, CEO at Meridian Kiosks, expressed his excitement by stating, “We are confident that Alex will not only foster a welcoming and comforting ambiance but also offer essential information and guide patients to their intended destinations, particularly during moments that can be stressful. This, in turn, is expected to significantly contribute to improving the patient experience and healthcare outcomes.”
About Meridian Kiosks:
Meridian Kiosks is a global leader in interactive Self-Service Solutions, specializing in creating cutting-edge kiosks that engage and assist users. Centered on providing outstanding patient experiences, the iHealthAssist™ solution empowers hospitals and healthcare facilities to streamline resources, improve operational efficiencies, and elevate both patient satisfaction and retention.
PRSONAS™ is a global leader in interactive AI solutions, specializing in creating animated avatars that engage and assist users. Centered on providing outstanding patient experiences, the iHealthAssist™ solution empowers hospitals and healthcare facilities to streamline resources, improve operational efficiencies, and elevate both patient satisfaction and retention.