The Purchaser will be responsible for procurement of materials and services and help drive strategic procurement initiatives to meet organizational financial objectives and must demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment. This position works closely with the Sales, Production, and Operations department.
The successful candidate will develop a complete end-to-end understanding of the company’s purchasing process, proactively identify areas for improvement, develop process improvement plans and implement them with minimal manager direction. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in the correct amounts.
- Identity and eliminate single source situations wherever possible, explore alternative supply sources to minimize supply risk.
- Prepare purchase orders and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Maintain accurate records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Meet with various vendors to obtain information about products and services like prices, availability, and delivery schedules.
- Examine or tests items prior to making purchase selections.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses exceptional negotiation and persuasion skills when dealing with vendors and striving to get the best contract for the company.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making abilities when selecting a vendor or product.
- Has strong reading comprehension and listening, critical thinking and written and verbal communication skills.
- Has knowledge of industry products and services that best benefit the company.
- Keeps up-to-date on new developments in the industry and the reasonable costs for new and emerging products and services.
- Shows strong math skills as well as an ability to work within a strict budget.
- Has the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical, manufacturing or logistics field
- ERP experience required, preferably SAP.
Please submit your resume and/or cover letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the application form below.
ABOUT MERIDIAN KIOSKS
Meridian is a self-service industry pioneer and fully integrated manufacturer of kiosks and digital signage. For nearly two decades, Meridian has specialized in helping companies optimize brand impact and extend brand reach. The Meridian team understands that together great minds create even greater solutions.
Partnerships such as Intel, HP, Panasonic, Microsoft, Verizon, and others has allowed Meridian’s team to collaborate, challenging the status quo to create innovative and engaging self-service solutions.Meridian differentiates itself by building kiosk solutions completely in-house.
When Mzero software was born in 2009, Meridian became one of the largest end-to-end self-service solution providers in North America. By owning the entire process, Meridian can guide clients from start to finish, creating a robust solution to help reach specific goals.
Meridian’s headquarters are located in Aberdeen, NC – only a 10 minute drive to Pinehurst and Southern Pines, NC. For more on what the Moore County area has to offer, visit our local Convention and Visitors Bureau website, www.homeofgolf.com.